In the first four rooms there are paintings of Neapolitan “still lifes” of the 18th century. Of a generic beginning of Flemish experiences, and to a lesser extent Spanish, this kind of painting the most lively thrust is given by the innovative, naturalistic and illuministic vision of Michelangelo da Caravaggio. All these experiences will quickly culminate in the complete and personal compositional and color freedom of Neapolitan artists.
Room 17 is dedicated to A. Belvederte (1672-1732), abbot, musicologist and set designer.
In room 19, there are exhibited works of foreign landscapers who document the evolution of landscape painting from the 18th to the 19th century.
In room 20 there is a vast and valuable collection of landscape paintings by nineteenth-century Neapolitan artists belonging to the “School of Posillipo”.
Room 22 presents an interesting collection of watches, glass and rare objects.
Paintings of still lifes from the 17th and 18th centuries – G.B. Ruoppolo, T. Realfonso, G. Cusati, A. Ascione, G. Casissa A. Belvedere – Foreign landscapers of the 18th and 19th centuries J. P. Volaire, S. Dénis, G.Dughet, J. Rabbel, F.Vervloet. Landscapers of the “School of Posillipo”. A. S. Pitloo, T. Duclere, G. Gigante. – Hall of Italian and European clocks of the 18th century.