The ground floor of the museum houses the “Hall of Founders,” or the “Sala degli Intarsi Storici Sorrentini” and is an interesting section with Roman and medieval finds.
The first room is dedicated to the Founders of the Museum, Alfredo Correale – Count of Terranova – and Pompeo, his brother. Here, their portraits are exhibited with homage to their memory and their patronage. There is also their “Genealogical Tree,” which illustrates the history of the Correale Family.
The following room houses the collection of Sorrento inlaid wood of the 19th century. There are three rooms with archaeological finds from the historic center of Sorrento and other areas of the Sorrento peninsula.
In the last room on the ground floor there are placed plutei, fragments of ambo and pilasters coming, presumably, from the ancient Sorrento Cathedral and dating back to the year 1000 AD.